It’s the Seoul Welcome Week 2017!
In celebration of the peak of the tourist season, the Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG) will operate the foreign tourist welcome week between April 28 and May 7. A variety of discounts and events are taking place throughout Seoul city as well as giving out souvenirs for overseas visitors.
Temporary welcome booths will be installed at seven locations in Myeongdong, Dongdaemun, Namdaemun, and Itaewon where staff wearing traditional Korean attire (hanbok) will provide tourist information and conduct interactive programs including ‘writing your name in Korean’ and ‘Taekwonmu dance.’ The Myeongdong Tourist Information Center will operate the I‧SEOUL‧U t-shirt making program every day from 11:00 to 17:00 for 30 tourists.
Seoul Memories Contest.
- Tourists from Japan and Southeast Asia are eligible to take part in the Seoul Memories Contest.
- The contest will award 2 travelers with round trip airfare to Seoul each month until September 2017.
Discover Seoul Pass Discount. Visit 16 of Seoul’s best attractions with one pass! Eligible for use by foreign nationals, the Discover Seoul Pass is a great way to visit traditional and historical, Hallyu, cultural, and fun attractions in the city.
- Get a 30% discount when purchasing a Discover Seoul Pass during Seoul Welcome Week.
- The 48 hour Discover Seoul Pass is scheduled to launch in 2017.
- Visit the official Discover Seoul Pass site here.
One More Trip Discount. Seoul’s online open marketplace for cool and interesting Korea and Seoul-related travel experiences and items.
- Get a 30% discount on select tourist experiences, tours, and items during Seoul Welcome Week.
- Visit the official One More Trip site here.
A variety of promotions and discounts for tourists!
Seoul City Tour Bus Discounts. Get a 20% discount on tickets for the Seoul City Tour Bus during Seoul Welcome Week. See Seoul’s attractions in comfort on a Seoul City Tour Bus!
Get 20% off on hanbok rentals. Get a 20% discount at hanbok rental stores in the 4 Great Gates area. Visitors wearing hanbok are granted free admission to Seoul’s palaces.
Find out more details at Visit Seoul website.
Sources: Visit Seoul and Seoul Metropolitan Government
For updates on Seoul, check out Seoul Metropolitan Government’s official website and follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.